Local Social Service Organization
Every year, we provide the opportunity for local social service organizations to set up a table as part of our Business and Social Service Networking areas to spread the good news about what they’re doing in our community. Please read the specifications below as our requirements have changed from what we have done previously. After you read the required information, please fill out this form providing all necessary details. We have limited spots for social service organizations, so please know that we operate on a first come, first served basis. You will be notified with a confirmation.
Local Social Service Specification
- If you are a 501(c)(3) organization with an annual operating budget of less than $250,000, you can participate in the Business and Social Service Networking area free of charge.
- If you are a 501(c)(3) organization with an annual operating budget of more than $250,000, you can participate in the Business and Social Service Networking area for a payment of $80. Please read below for payment methods.
- If you are not a 501(c)(3) organization, please refer to our sponsorship page.
- If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Method for Payment (if applicable)
We accept payment by credit/debit card, check, money order, or cash. Cards are processed through FairField Center's Services Payment page (select Harrisonburg International Festival as the Service Branch). Checks can be made out to FairField Center and be sent to or dropped off at 111 E Market St B, Harrisonburg, VA 22801. Cash may be delivered there as well. Payment deadline TBA.
Local Social Service Organization Guidelines
- Setup is from 8:00am to 10:45 AM. You will receive your location ahead of time.
- You will be provided one parking space per organization in our vendor-only parking areas. After confirming your attendance at the Festival, you will receive a parking pass to put in your dash.
- By committing to be part of our Festival, you are required to stay at the Festival until the end (6:00 PM).
- We provide you a 10’x10’ foot area to set up your space. We do not provide tents, tables, chairs, signs, or any other items that are part of your booth. Please note that some locations will be on grassy areas and others will be on pavement, so please plan accordingly for how you’ll secure your tent. You will be notified ahead of time regarding your location.
- In effort to ensure the Festival is as peaceful as possible, we will not be allowing generators of any kind. There will also not be any electrical hookups available.
- You are not permitted to sell any item or food from your booth.
- We provide your organization with a copy of the Festival program with your information included.
No Show Policy: Any food vendor who has not arrived by 11:00am, and who has not notified the event coordinators of a late arrival will be considered a no-show and will have their space re-assigned, with no refund given.
- No politically or religiously partisan, adversarial, disruptive, or objectionable content or messaging will be permitted as part of the festival
- No real or toy weapons, drugs, or drug paraphernalia, or items that may be deemed harmful, contributing toward violence, or dangerous may be sold, carried, or promoted at the festival
- We ask that all items being displayed, or music offered, be of a nature that is acceptable for young children to view or hear
- The vendor assumes full responsibility for his/her participation in the Festival. HIF Committee, Harrisonburg Parks & Rec, Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance, or other Festival affiliates—assume no responsibility or liability for a vendor’s participation in the Festival, and will be held harmless.
- We are not responsible for damages, injuries, or loss.
- You are also responsible for any type of accident to yourselves, to others, or to any person or personal property as a result of their booths, their display items, or their personal actions.
- Submission of application indicates agreement to hold all aforementioned entities ‘harmless’ in case of accident or incident.
- In good weather 10,000+ people are expected. Please plan accordingly with the understanding that bad weather could lessen the amount of attendees
Thank you for your interest in participating in the 2019 International Festival!